Inaugurated in 2016 in the center of Tirana, the tunnel of the Ministry of Internal Affairs was built between 1981 and 1986 and can be considered as one of the last “great works” carried out by the communist regime as part of the bunkering projects that started in the early 70’.
This bunker, code-named ‘Objekti Shtylla’, consists of 24 rooms, an apartment reserved for the Minister of Internal Affairs, and a large room initially dedicated as a telecommunications center. The virtual path reconstructs the most important phases of this historical period at 360:
- The Gendarmerie from Independence until the Second World War (1912 – 1939)
- The police forces from the Fascist invasion to the Liberation (1939 – 1944)
- The police and the ‘Sigurimi’ during the dictatorial regime (1944 – 1991)
The virtual visit of Bunk’Art 2 involves over 600 multimedia content and pays homage to the victims of communism by educating them about justice, freedom, and civil commitment.
How does it work?
– Select the product and add it to the cart
– Make the payment and make sure you have entered the correct email address
– You will receive the access link to the virtual tour and the credentials to enter the navigation at the email address entered
– Make sure you have entered the exact address of your home: here you will receive the Bunk’Art viewer for your immersive experience.